Stewards charged Weir after it was found an email from stable staff to the Ballarat Turf Club falsely and misleadingly declared the name of seven horses, those being Spicer, Pelonomena, Kragle, Bindabooberri, French Fry, Ancient Echoes and Mio Nipotina, as having jumped out at Ballarat on August 1 in specific heats.
As a result, the jump-out information provided to the public for these heats was incorrect.</span>
During the inquiry it was established that the correct horse identities were as follows:
- Horse listed as Spicer in Heat 1 was Imperial Edition
- Horse listed as Pelonomena in Heat 1 was Diamond Diva
- Horse listed as Kragle in Heat 3 was Masterbrax
- Horse listed as Bindabooberri in Heat 3 was Rewarding Girl
- Horse listed as French Fry in Heat 7 was Holy Freeze
- Horse listed as Ancient Echoes in Heat 7 was Buck Bay
- Horse listed as Mio Nipotina in Heat 11 was Vogue Empress
Weir pleaded guilty to a charge under AR175(gg) and was fined $ 5,000.
Stewards said that an initial email to the Ballarat Turf Club gave weight to the evidence that the offence had not been premeditated.